Monday, October 4, 2010

SCS 2114 - How to Create a Link

1. Find the site, article, or other internet location that you want to link to. I went to the Globe's homepage and found an article about the shooting of a Canadian soldier in Afghanistan.

2. When I click the Star's link to read the article by itself, this is what my browser's address bar looks like.


3. I selected and copied the link from the address bar, and then, in the "Compose" tab of the entry in Blogger, selected the text that I wanted to link.



4. With that text selected, I click the "Link" button in the middle of Blogger's toolbar, above where I write text in an entry


5. Then I pasted the URL of the Globe's article into the pop-up window that came up.

 
And if you click "okay," you too can have lovely links that look and work like this one:

According to the Globe and Mail, an as-of-yet unidentified soldier was shot in the stomach in Kandahar.

If you move your mouse over that link and look in your browser's status bar (the bar along the bottom), you'll see that it reads: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/canadian-soldier-found-shot/article1268082/. And if you click it you'll see the exact article I wanted you to.

No comments:

Post a Comment